Why focus on weight gain?
When one end of the world is focussing on losing weight, the other end is focussing on growing the muscles out. Weight gain can happen both in a healthy and an unhealthy way. Consumption of excessive sugars, fats, and oil will lead to obesity which is not a healthy way to gain weight. Increasing the protein content of the diet and adding supplements along with minerals and vitamins are some effective practical ways to gain weight healthily. This simple and effective way comes under Metabolism booster for weight gain.
The need for supplements
Supplements are the compounds to be administered from outside to meet the goals and requirements of the body. Back in the day, males were known to use more supplements as a muscular body was acknowledged as masculinity. Today, males and females use supplements to reach their fitness goals when equality prevails. The body can produce hormones and metabolize proteins only up to a certain level. Just because a person spends more time in a gym doesn’t mean that his body can do the same with his food intake. Only the required amount of proteins will be metabolized in both men and women. The rest is excreted or stored in some other form for further use.
The requirement threshold is higher for males than females because of the increased muscle mass. It is harder for the muscles to undergo hypertrophy in females as the female sex hormones suppress those actions. Females require additional protein powder and other vitamin supplements to reach their goals. Even after trying all those, it is impossible to gain a man’s muscular figure because of the physiological actions.
Some substances are known to help in gaining body mass
- Creatine is a high-energy compound that helps in enhancing muscular activities during exercise. The repeated use of muscles will help in increasing muscle mass.
- Proteins are supplemented to a person as they act as building blocks of a muscle and help in its growth.
- Fish liver oil can be used if calorie intake is also increased sufficiently. The omega-3 fatty acids present have mass-gaining properties and positive cardiovascular health.
- The essential branched-chain amino acids supplement regenerate and recover muscles from fatigue.
- Ayurvedic weight gainers are also available if one opts for an organic method.
Critical conditions for weight gain
Anorexia is an eating disorder where the patient becomes lean and bony. The person develops phobias of food which will lead them to decreased intake. In severe cases, the thought of administration through a nasogastric tube is not possible.